Director of Programming: Arts, Events, and Administration
Independent Contractor Position
The Riverdale Hub is a social enterprise in Toronto’s East End that houses the Social Gardener Café, Riverdale Hub Gallery, co-working and event spaces, a rooftop garden, and training programs for marginalized women. Riverdale Hub Gallery is dedicated to employing the transformative power of art to engage Toronto’s east-end community, connect with communities across the city, and provide a platform for local, national, and global conversations.
The Riverdale Hub is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated person to join our team as the Director of Programming: Arts, Events and Administration. In this position, you will be responsible for increasing revenue generation within a not-for-profit model.
The Director of Programming: Arts and Events reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Curators of Exhibitions and Programs.
Note: This is not a virtual position. The successful candidate will be required to work on site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research market trends, assess current business initiatives, and recommend viable new growth strategies in the arts;
- Develop fundraising strategies through events showcasing diverse art forms
- Revitalize marketing strategies to increase event rental and art sales (e-commerce and brick and mortar), including evaluating and developing digital marketing and social media strategies;
- Develop pricing packages for gallery and event rentals;
- Create sales reports;
- Develop a revenue generation plan (including cash flow and work plan) for arts-based commerce initiatives that are aligned with Riverdale Hub’s values;
- Other related responsibilities as they arise.
- Graduated from university/college in a discipline related to arts administration;
- Comparable work experience in business development, community arts, event planning and e-commerce;
- Experience with social enterprise operations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of revenue generation principles from an arts perspective;
- Design experience in Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud applications;
- Proficient use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to evaluate financial reports;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently;
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and resourceful;
- Experienced in and passionate about working with marginalized communities; knowledge of the issues and barriers faced by racialized immigrants, refugees, women, 2SLGBTQ communities of colour is particularly valuable;
- Commercial or not-for-profit gallery experience is an asset.
2 days a week; 8/hours a day over a period of 8-10 weeks
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to maximize their success.
How to apply:
Please send a cover-letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Riverdale Hub is committed to equity, diversity, and accessibility and welcomes applications from Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, people who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, women, and persons with disabilities.
Please let us know if you require accommodation for the recruitment process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank you for your interest in the position. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Please note that all interviews will be taking place virtually.
Important Note: To ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, we require that everyone wear a mask while on the premises. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is also required.
The Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises (RIWE)
1326 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, ON, M4L 1Z1
email@example.com | (416) 465-6021