Director of Marketing & Communications, Remai Modern
Remai Modern – Director of Marketing & Communications
Remai Modern is an Employment Equity Employer.
The Director of Marketing & Communications provides strategic leadership and day-to-day management of the Marketing and Communications Department. Guided by Remai Modern’s Mission, Vision, and Principles, the Director of Marketing & Communications will provide best practice marketing and communication internally and externally. With a passion for, and knowledge about, modern and contemporary art the Director of Marketing & Communications will work creatively and collaboratively and be data-driven in their efforts to extend the reach and impact of the museum brand, connect with communities, and grow our audiences. As part of the museums’ leadership team, they are responsible for ensuring that the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and Business Plan are met. As a steward for internal and external communications, your values centre around equity and inclusion and truth & reconciliation. You are responsive to the needs of diverse communities, including the ability and experience to identify and understand intersecting issues related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race/ethnicity, immigration status, religion, Indigenous heritage, and gender identity.
Provides strategic leadership and day-to-day management of the Marketing & Communications Department and works closely with members of the Leadership Team to further the Remai Modern’s Mission, Vision, and Principles.
Collaborates with the Executive Director and CEO to develop a Marketing & Communications Department Strategy informed by Remai Modern’s Mission, Vision, and Principles, and aligned with the Strategic Plan and Business Plan;
Establish Department priorities, financial allocations, and desired outcomes consistent with the Strategic Plan and Business Plan.
Oversee all external communications, digital, print and signage, etc., and oversee all-staff communications, including internal SharePoint site.
Oversees the strategic deployment of departmental resources to maximize impacts for the museum in line with the Strategic Business Plans
Strategically plans for the Departments future workforce needs and, inspires, coaches and mentors’ employees in their career development. Recognizes and acknowledges positive, competent and committed team members and creates a positive and productive team through ongoing feedback, coaching and development processes;
Ensures compliance with legislation, regulations, standards, guidelines, policies, procedures and collective agreements as appropriate. Leads a culture of Health & Safety that promotes the wellbeing of employees and the general public in accordance with applicable legislation and departmental procedures;
Implements and oversees:
- The strategic marketing direction, brand strategy, communication and public relations strategies including communication strategies for our website, marketing channels and social media, E-commerce, digital marketing, and driving acceleration of digital knowledge throughout the organization.
- The development and execution of a strategic, integrated marketing plan design to promote the artistic vision of the Remai Modern. Integrates new ideas and best practices;
- The development of a comprehensive marketing strategy and execute a sophisticated marketing plan, while effectively managing brand and reputational risk, to ensure the internal and external brand is optimally aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Brand alignment and editorial direction on all gallery materials including, design, production and distribution ensuring that the brand is managed consistently throughout all touchpoints;
- The visual identity, providing direction for graphics standards, branding guidelines and marketing collateral;
- The relationship, contracts and deliverables from consulting firms on marketing, branding, advertising, media, and public relations;
- Market research, analyzing data and web analytics to determine and inform the Museum’s marketing, communications and public relations strategies. Conduct thorough analysis on marketing ROI and successfully develop cost effective solutions;
- Development and execution of marketing initiatives, communications, events, and campaigns that elevate the Remai Modern brand;
- The extension and maintenance of the organization’s digital footprint, while effectively utilizing search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and digital advertising
- Short and long-term plans, business strategies and objectives for the Department, including the development and implementation of key changes in marketing and communication policies, plans, procedures and structure. Facilitates cooperation between various work units to meet strategic and operational goals;
Cultivates and builds relationships with members of the media and press and directs Communications staff in building media interest in the gallery. Ensures regular contact with target media and timely and appropriate responses to media requests.
Assists with preparation of media/press briefings, speeches, presentations and talking points.
Prepares written and oral reports for Board of Directors and Senior Leadership. Represents the Museum, and Department, with the public, media, external partners and clients.
Prepares and controls the annual Department Operating budget, and Business Plan, manages expenditures, and ensures they are aligned with the Remai Modern’s policies, procedures and Strategic Plan.
Preforms other related duties as assigned.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, March 7, 2022
For qualifications, hours of work and salary see the full posting: remaimodern.org/about/careers/director-of-marketing-communications
102 Spadina Crescent E