Digital Marketing/Communications Specialist, Headwaters Arts
HEADWATERS ARTS IS HIRING!
DIGITAL MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Headwaters Arts is a non-for-profit organization whose mission is to bring together artists and supporters to promote the development, appreciation, and enjoyment of all arts in the Hills of Headwaters Region (Caledon, Dufferin County, Orangeville & Erin).
Headwaters Arts (HA) seeks a Digital Marketing/Communication Specialist to develop and implement digital marketing strategies and event programming intended to:
- Grow HA’s audience and patrons
- Build communication planning and programming for HA’s seasonal outdoor arts space and Gallery
- Increase online engagement with its patrons and supporters
- Enhance and promote the Gallery Shows, openings, arts activities, events and professional development presented by HA, locally and beyond
- Collaborate with the Chair of Marketing/Communications Committee and Gallery Administrator to develop a marketing strategy, action planning and implementation for the Headwaters Gallery – shows, openings and special events, professional development opportunities and event programming of the 3-season, roofed Annex – outdoor arts space programming for 2022-23
- Develop and implement a digital marketing strategy to advance all events/shows and planned and new programming and event initiatives
- Create/coordinate, and post, engaging and relevant content (text, image and video) on social media platforms (Instagram) and for e-blasts and e-newsletters, Facebook and website
- Establish and drive integrated communications
- Assist with website content
- Assess market to determine what motivates audiences and supporters
- Monitor and provide actionable insights based on social media analytics
- Perform other marketing and promotion duties as required
Skills and Requirements
- Understanding of and a passion for the arts
- Connection to the community of Dufferin, Caledon and Erin would be an asset
- Experience in developing marketing strategies
- Advanced digital marketing and social media skills
- Exceptional creative skills to craft engaging content (text, image and video)
- Experience using tools to monitor and measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Understanding of social media platforms, newsletters, and non-digital marketing, as well as how to best utilize them for different needs
- Ability to work independently and with team of staff and volunteers
- Familiarity with graphic design software programs
- Experience with graphic design is an asset, but not mandatory
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
This is a part time position for one year. Salary: $18/hr. Total # of hours/week will vary, guaranteed 14 hrs/week as a minimum but will increase during main fundraising event, HA’s Fall Art Festival Show & Sale and special opening, show openings and events under the tented roof-outdoor arts space (April-October).
The successful candidate will be able to work from home office and will be required to work on-site at the Headwaters Gallery located in Alton at the Alton Mill Arts Centre during events, openings and other special programming opportunities.
The scope of HA’s annual program, in general, includes:
- 10+ Gallery Shows and member proposal shows per year
- HA Fall Festival Art Show & Sale
- Developing new outdoor arts events
- Art Show openings
- Events and planning and implementation
- Fall Arts Festival – 3 week long arts programming and fundraising event opening
- Occasional virtual professional development/ educational events and workshops to be developed
- Developing a Calendar of 2022-23 events/workshops/artisan marketplace for 3-season outdoor arts space – roofed Annex Courtyard(April – October open) in conjunction with the gallery Administrator and relevant HA Committees.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2021
Start Date: January 12, 2022
Please submit your resumé with a cover letter by email to email@example.com no later than December 20, 2021. Use “Digital Marketing Specialist application” as your subject line.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
1402 Queen St W, Suite 109
Alton, ON L7K 0C3
10 am. – 5 pm.