Development Coordinator, Southern Alberta Art Gallery
Employment Opportunity: Development Coordinator
Southern Alberta Art Gallery (Lethbridge, Alberta)
The Southern Alberta Art Gallery Maansiksikaitsitapiitsinikssin is one of Canada’s leading contemporary art galleries. For over forty years, SAAG has evolved from a grassroots initiative to become a significant participant in the national dialogue on contemporary art.
SAAG is searching for a passionate, dynamic and community driven candidate for the position of Development Coordinator!
The candidate will possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Executive Director and working with the Gallery team (staff, volunteers and Board), job duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a robust Membership program.
- Develop a successful Individual and Corporate Giving program.
- Develop, prepare and distribute correspondence, reports, and deliverables to corporate sponsors.
- Develop and implement fund raising special events including attracting sponsorships.
- Develop and implement a sponsor and donor retention and stewardship program.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve effectiveness of all development programs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the research, identification, completion, and evaluation of various grant and foundation applications.
The ideal candidate for the Development Coordinator position will have the following education, skills, and characteristics:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline with course work and/or membership in a professional fundraising association.
- A minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in a fund development environment with a focus on major gift fundraising practices.
- The candidate should have knowledge and a passion for public galleries, contemporary art, and the cultural and not-for-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating membership, special events and major gift activities through a team based collaborative approach.
- Experience drafting donor correspondence and funding proposals.
- The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, with demonstrated capabilities in writing, editing and proof-reading.
- The candidate must have strong organizational skills and be a detail-oriented with demonstrated project management experience.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a variety of individuals and audiences.
- The candidate should have above average computer knowledge and skills; expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel are required, database management (e.g.: Donor Perfect, Sumac, Raisers Edge) and archives management experience.
- The candidate should have the confidence to foster, initiate and maintain positive relations with all SAAG stakeholders, artists and colleagues.
- Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. Occasional shifts outside of the normal work schedule will be required throughout the year for fundraising events, exhibition openings and other events, as required.
Your application must include the following components:
- Cover letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Three references
This is a permanent full-time salaried position.
35 hours per week: flexible schedule to coincide with events on weekends, and evenings will from time to time be required. The Southern Alberta Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate is subject to a criminal record check.
Deadline for Applications: 5 PM Friday, August 23, 2021
Please send your resume and cover letter, or any queries about the role via email to: Vincent Varga, Interim Executive Director, at email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.