Call for Submissions: Local Art for New Residential Community in Brampton
Call for Submissions
Local Art for New Residential Community in Brampton
Daniels MPV Corporation (Daniels) invites artists from Brampton to submit proposals in consideration for the residential areas at the Mount Pleasant Village Community in Brampton. The installation of the artwork will tentatively take place in summer 2023. The proposal process may involve consulting with Daniels on the design and fabrication of the work to arrive at a final concept, as well as the installation of the piece.
For Daniels, each new home community is a work of art — literally. From conception through to completion, every Daniels neighbourhood is designed to enhance its surroundings, the community and to make a statement about its unique character. Daniels has pioneered a new approach to décor and art focused on sourcing local art for each of our new buildings. Within each project Daniels looks to source a wide range of art forms from paintings to photography to sculptures and beyond. This addition of striking local art through community engagement has quickly become a cornerstone of the company’s design philosophy.
The community, developed in partnership with Choice Properties, is located on Bovaird Drive, just east of Creditview Road and adjacent to the Mount Pleasant GO Station, consisting of modern condo suites and townhomes and one of Brampton’s first new purpose-built rentals in over a decade.
Opportunities for Local Art at Mount Pleasant Village.
In consultation with Johnson Chou Inc., a number of opportunities for social purchasing of local artwork have been identified for the common areas and amenity spaces within the building to bring the space to life and tie everything together. Look and feel imagery showing the overall design intent for the spaces are included below. A breakdown of the pieces to be commissioned, medium, and location is included in the Response Cover Page. Artists are invited to submit artwork that is inspired by the overall look and feel/design principles and inspiration images provided.
For this opportunity, priority will be given to artists who self-identify as:
- Having a connection to the Mount Pleasant Village and Brampton area: current or former resident, or works within the specific community identified
- Emerging and mid-career artists
- Diverse and equity-deserving individuals including but not limited to members of visible minority groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ community
- Please submit as attachments by email only (no file transfer links to download please) to LocalArt@danielscorp.com to a maximum of 10 MB total.
- Response Cover Page – please read and complete the Response Cover page thoroughly. Completion of the Response Cover Page is mandatory to be considered for the project.
- Curriculum vitae, resume or biography of the artist – The CV must include your full contact information and any other supporting material you would like to include (web links, reviews, catalogues, etc.) (1-page maximum);
- An artist statement – indicating any connection to Brampton community or rationale for interest in working in this community (1 page maximum);
- 1-2 images, sketches or examples of artwork you have created or proposed piece(s) – for consideration or commission. For each image please include the following information: title, medium, dimensions, year of completion in the Response Cover Page
- Submission must include proposed Fee(s) for each piece, which should be an all-inclusive fee that includes the following:
◦ Frames (if required for the piece); installation hardware not required
◦ Delivery to site for installation and if required, temporary storage of piece/s if applicable until ready for installation. Artist to coordinate with Daniels for delivery (Daniels will install the artwork)
◦ If submitting for mural or large scale opportunities requiring the Artist to install onsite, the selected Artist will be required to obtain and provide proof of insurance, and include this in their Fee. Additionally, the Artist will be required to sign off on Daniels’ Artist Agreement and site Health & Safety policies (to be provided by Daniels) in advance of beginning their work on site.
◦ Proposed Fee to include granting Daniels the permission to include the artwork image/s in communications and marketing materials for the project, including but not limited to social media, the Daniels website, the project microsite, display renderings or other communications such as eblasts regarding the Artworks/Artsy community, with no additional royalties due.
Only one submission per artist or artist group will be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday November 13, 2022.
For any other questions, please contact LocalArt@danielscorp.com.