Call for Submissions: Local Art for Mid-rise Lobby at Mount Pleasant Village, Brampton
Call for Submissions
Local Art for New Residential Mid-rise Lobby at Mount Pleasant Village
Daniels Choice Mount Pleasant Corporation, on behalf of The Daniels Corporation, invites Brampton-based artists or artist teams to submit proposals in consideration for the mid-rise lobby at Mount Pleasant Village, located at the northeast quadrant of Bovaird Drive West and Lagerfield Drive in Brampton. The installation of the artwork will take place in 2022. The proposal process may involve consulting with Daniels on the design of the work to arrive at a final concept.
For The Daniels Corporation (Daniels) each new home community is a work of art — literally. From conception through to completion, every Daniels neighbourhood is designed to enhance its surroundings, the community and to make a statement about its unique character. Daniels has pioneered a new approach to décor and art focused on sourcing local art for each of our new buildings. Within each project Daniels looks to source a wide range of art forms from paintings to photography to sculptures and beyond. This addition of striking local art through community engagement has quickly become a cornerstone of the company’s design philosophy.
Located at Bovaird Drive West and Lagerfield Drive in Brampton, Mount Pleasant Village is a mixed-use development consisting of a high-rise rental tower, a 6-storey mid-rise tower and two blocks of back-to-back townhouses forming one condominium corporation.
Opportunity for Local Art at Mount Pleasant Village
An opportunity for social purchasing of local artwork has been identified for the lobby of the mid-rise tower.
One (1) artist will be selected to create the artwork for a feature wall in the lobby area.
For this project, artists are asked to submit digital artwork only.
The artwork will be colour proofed, printed on vinyl and installed by Daniels and its agency/agencies. The final size of the artwork is expected to be 3350mm (10.99’) Height x 6000mm (19.69’) Width. The selected artists and/or artist teams will be required to provide the final approved file/s as high quality, high resolution raster or vector file/s. Note this is not required for the proposal, but Artist must ultimately be able to supply the final Artwork, if selected to the required resolution and format.
The artist will also be requested to provide permission to have the image used in lobby renderings for marketing materials, with royalty rates to be set and paid as per CARFAC fee schedules.
For this opportunity, priority will be given to artists who self-identify as:
- Having a connection to Brampton: current or former resident, or works within the specific community identified
- Emerging and mid-career artists
- Diverse and equity-seeking individuals including but not limited to members of visible minority groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ people
Look and feel imagery showing the overall design intent for the space is included below. Artists are invited to submit artwork that is inspired by the overall look and feel/design principles and inspiration images provided. A floor plan of the space is also provided below.
- Please submit as attachments by email only (no file transfer links to download please) to firstname.lastname@example.org to a maximum of 10 MB total.
- Response Cover Page – please read and complete the Response Cover page thoroughly. Completion of the Response Cover Page is mandatory to be considered for the project.
- A curriculum vitae, resume or biography of the artist(s). The CV must include your full contact information and any other supporting material you would like to include such as web links, reviews, catalogues, etc. (1 page maximum);
- An artist statement indicating any connection to the Brampton community or rationale for interest in working in this community (1 page maximum);
- 1-2 images of previous artwork you have created or proposed piece(s) for consideration or commission. For each image please include the following information: title, medium, dimensions, year of completion, and a limited 2-line description to accompany the art (1 page maximum). Please compress the artwork so that the email is less than 10MB.
- Note that the selected artist will ultimately be required to supply a high-resolution digital file of their art (vector/raster AI or TIFF image at minimum 25% of the print dimensions, at 100-300 DPI) which will be printed on vinyl. Daniels/their agency to colour proof and install the artwork on vinyl. For the proposal, a high-resolution/vector version is not yet required.
- The image will be formatted to the wall dimensions [3350mm (10.99’) Height x 6000mm (19.69’) Width] and should have the ability to be edited without being distorted.
- A copyright release form is to be signed by the selected artist.
- Daniels will be responsible for printing on vinyl, colour proofing and installation of the artwork.
- Daniels and its agency will endeavour to maintain original colour as closely as possible within the limitations of the print process.
- Submission must include proposed fee(s) for each piece.
For more details, download the complete Call and Response Cover page here.
Only one submission per artist or artist group will be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is March 21, 2021.
For any other questions, please contact LocalArt@danielscorp.com.