Call for Submissions: Local Art for Mid-rise Lobbies at OMG 2, Brampton
Call for Submissions
Local Art for New Residential Mid-rise at OMG 2
Daniels LR Corporation, on behalf of The Daniels Corporation, invites Brampton-based artists or artist teams to submit proposals in consideration for the mid-rise lobbies at Olivia Marie Gardens 2, located at Mississauga Road & Olivia Marie Road in Brampton. The installation of the artwork will take place in late 2022. The proposal process may involve consulting with Daniels on the design of the work to arrive at a final concept.
For The Daniels Corporation (Daniels) each new home community is a work of art — literally. From conception through to completion, every Daniels neighbourhood is designed to enhance its surroundings, the community and to make a statement about its unique character. Daniels has pioneered a new approach to décor and art focused on sourcing local art for each of our new buildings. Within each community Daniels looks to source a wide range of art forms from paintings to photography to sculptures and beyond. This addition of striking local art through community engagement has quickly become a cornerstone of the company’s design philosophy.
Located at Mississauga & Olivia Marie Roads where Brampton meets Mississauga, OMG 2 (Olivia Marie Gardens Phase 2) is a collection of two 4-storey boutique condominiums. It is part of Daniels Olivia Marie Gardens, a master-planned community in an established location that’s close to everything.
Opportunity for Local Art at OMG 2
An opportunity for social purchasing of local artwork has been identified for the lobbies of the mid-rise building.
Two (2) artists will be selected to provide the artwork for the two entrance vestibules on the ground floor level.
For this project, artists are asked to submit digital artwork only.
The artwork will be printed on acrylic or metal and installed by Daniels. The final size of the artwork is expected to be 48” x 48” or 48” x 60”. The selected artists and/or artist teams will be required to provide the final approved file/s as high quality, high resolution, print ready file. Note this is not required for the proposal, but Artist must ultimately be able to supply the final Artwork, if selected to the required resolution and format.
For this opportunity, priority will be given to artists who self-identify as:
- Having a connection to Brampton: current or former resident, or works within the specific community identified
- Emerging and mid-career artists
- Diverse and equity-deserving individuals including but not limited to members of visible minority groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ people
- Please submit as attachments by email only (no file transfer links to download please) to firstname.lastname@example.org to a maximum of 10 MB total.
- Response Cover Page – please read and complete the Response Cover page below thoroughly. Completion of the Response Cover Page is mandatory to be considered for the project.
- A curriculum vitae, resume or biography of the artist(s). The CV must include your full contact information and any other supporting material you would like to include such as web links, reviews, catalogues, etc. (1 page maximum);
- An artist statement indicating any connection to the Brampton community or rationale for interest in working in this community (1 page maximum);
- 1-2 images of previous artwork you have created or proposed piece(s) for consideration or commission. For each image please include the following information: title, medium, dimensions, year of completion, and a limited 2-line description to accompany the art (1 page maximum). Please compress the artwork so that the email is less than 10MB.
◦ Note that the selected artist will ultimately be required to supply a high-resolution digital file of their art which will be printed on acrylic or metal. Daniels to print and install the artwork. For the proposal, a high-resolution image is not yet required.
◦ Daniels and its agency will endeavour to maintain original colour as closely as possible within the limitations of the print process.
- Submission must include proposed fee(s) for each piece, which should be an all-inclusive fee that includes the following:
◦ Proposed Fee to include granting Daniels the permission to include the artwork image/s in communications and marketing materials for the project, including but not limited to social media, the Daniels website, the project microsite, display renderings or other communications such as eblasts regarding the OMG 2 community, with no additional royalties due.
Only one submission per artist or artist group will be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, March 7 at 5:00 p.m.
For any other questions, please contact LocalArt@danielscorp.com.