Call for Submissions: Future Proof 2022
FUTURE PROOF CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Open Studio, Toronto, is an Artist-Run Centre (ARC) dedicated to contemporary print. We offer accessible, inclusive and affordable printmaking facilities, programs and services for artists and the public from across Canada and abroad. Our vision is to shape the exploration of print as essential, dynamic, and relevant to contemporary culture and creative thought.
We are excited to announce plans for our virtual auction fundraiser, FUTURE PROOF, coming this spring. Now’s your chance to submit a print-based artwork donation to support Open Studio and the future of print and compete for one of three cash awards [$1,000 and 2x $500]!
FUTURE PROOF is a virtual auction of stunning artwork to browse, bid on, and buy outright. The online auction will feature a juried selection of prints alongside a curated collection of contemporary art, including painting, photography, textiles, and ceramics by artists from the Toronto art community, who have chosen to support Open Studio.
PRINTMAKERS – CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Apply by: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Open to all printmakers; local, national and international!
- Submissions are treated as full donations*.
- Works must be valued between $250 – $999.
- All print mediums welcome.
- Any edition number [or proof] is welcome, as are diptychs, triptychs and series**.
- Works will be juried via digital submissions.
- A jury will select 80 lots for the auction.
- The jury will also select three artists who will be awarded cash prizes: Best in Print: $1,000 and 2x Honourable mentions in Print: $500.
- Prints will be juried for awards after they are received in person.
- Selected works must be unframed and be delivered by May 5, 2022.
- An additional 20 non-print works will be included but not juried.
- The auction will include 100 lots in total.
*Charitable tax receipt available upon request.
**One submission per artist, but works can be combined if they relate thematically.
Accepted media: all printmaking processes are welcome, including collagraph, intaglio, lithography, relief, screenprinting etc. Mixed media prints are applicable. A note on digital prints: prints incorporating digital media and processes must also include an element of analog printmaking to be eligible for the auction and juried prize. Solely digital prints, photography and photocopies will not be included.
The deadline for digital submissions is Tuesday, April 12, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST. All artists will be notified of the results, and selected artists will need to deliver artwork to Open Studio by Thursday, May 5, 2022. The auction event date(s) will be announced after all the lots are selected. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
We look forward to your submissions and thank you for participating and supporting Open Studio and the future of print!
Thank you to our supporters!
Our current list of supporters can be viewed here
Open Studio gratefully acknowledges the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council, the City of Toronto, the Toronto Arts Council, the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and the Government of Canada. Open Studio also acknowledges the generous support of its members and numerous foundations, corporations and individuals.