Call for Submissions: Echoes Juried Exhibition
OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Capturing and layering fleeting moments in time as they unfold in our response to changing rhythms of the urban and natural world
Entry Deadline: February 11, 2022
Exhibition Dates: March 12 to 30, 2022
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
Members of the Women’s Art Association of Canada have assembled a Curatorial Collective to develop the Echoes Open Juried Exhibition with the guidance of professional artists and curators Heather Gentleman and Margaret Rogers. Jurors are Dixie Allen, Maria Antoniv, Susan Farquhar, Adriana Lee, Joanne Nelson, and Elva Palo. The exhibit is open to everyone (not only women) in Canada and internationally.
A unique dimension to this exhibit will be a black out room in Ruth Upjohn Gallery to accommodate video and interactive works. Submissions will also include painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photo based, mixed media, digital and installation. Echoes juried exhibition will be online and installed in Dignam Gallery and Ruth Upjohn Gallery.
Prizes include a WAAC Membership and 2 week solo exhibit in the Ruth Upjohn Gallery, plus several cash and gift awards.
HOW TO ENTER: womensartofcanada.ca/callforsubmissions
- Maximum 3 entries per artist
- Image Requirements
◦ Image Jpgs: 1MB to 3MB ie 72 dpi, between 900 to 2000 pixels on longest side
◦ Videos: Mp4, .Mov 1 GB maximum, 3 to 5 mins, your own equipment please
◦ Name each jpg/video: Echoes_Last Name_First Name_Title
- Please specify works intended for the black out room
- Maximum scale of art pieces: must be easily handled by two people. Ceilings height 9’
- Work must be completed within the last two years.
- Artwork must not be a copy, derivative or based on the work of others or in any way an infringement of copyright.
- When you submit an image, you are agreeing that WAAC may use your artwork image on its website or social media.
- Work must be ready to install, no nails/screws in the wall. Works must use the existing hanging system with medium or large D- Rings.
- Art Label Information: Artist Name / Title / Medium / Size (h x w) / Price Cdn $
- Artist Entrant Contact Details – your website, email, social media
Non-refundable entry fee: $25.00 by Paypal
Jurying will take place in mid-February 2022
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
Selected artists will be notified of the jurors’ decisions by email late-February 2022
Artists will be informed of sales. The gallery asks for a 20% commission.
ABOUT DIGNAM GALLERY AND THE WOMEN’S ART ASSOCIATION
Women’s Art Association of Canada (WAAC) is a not-for-profit Charitable Organization that advances the appreciation, creation and exhibitions of the arts. WAAC’s charitable mandate supports development in the arts through its scholarship program and public education. WAAC is committed to an inclusive culture of diversity and equity.
Over its 134-year history WAAC has served as a haven for visual artists, musicians, writers and devotees of the arts — a place where like-minded people can meet in a welcoming environment.
Located in Toronto’s beautiful Annex neighbourhood, the heart of WAAC is a charming 19th century house that backs onto a lovely formal garden. The main entrance opens up into the Mary Dignam Gallery, a large, attractive room that hosts openings, receptions and, of course, members’ art exhibitions. It is also the venue for our lectures on the arts and concerts. Many of these events are open to the public.
Women’s Art Association of Canada
23 Prince Arthur Avenue, ON M5R 1B2