Call for Submissions: AGO X RBC Artist-in-Residence Program
AGO X RBC ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM:
Call for Proposals
Three paid digital residencies available in 2021
Deadline for submissions: March 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST
Each selected artist will complete a two-month residency between April and September 2021.
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is now in its 10th year of offering residencies to artists, and this year the AGO X RBC Artist-in-Residence program invites artists to submit proposals for a digital project or experience to be created over a two-month residency, responding to the theme of “Together, Apart”. The residency provides resources, learning opportunities, platforms and mentorship for emerging artists, under the age of 35 working in any field, to realize a digital project. At the end of the two-month residency, each Artist in Residence will be invited to show their work publicly as part of their residency.
We welcome proposals from emerging artists who are interested in creating new artworks that combine artistic genres. Proposals should explain how and through what platform(s) online audiences can engage with the artwork. Artists are open to propose projects that include collaborations with any department at the AGO, including but not limited to: Conservation, Collections, Curatorial, Education & Programming, Library & Archives, Food & Beverage, and Visitor Experience.
Selected artists will receive the following:
- A one-time artist fee of $5,000.00 CDN, and additional $2000.00 CDN for materials for the project;
- A mentor with applicable expertise and access to other AGO collaborators; and
- A public presentation of the completed project.
Who should apply:
- Artists, individuals, and/or artist collectives who self-identify as emerging artists and are under the age of 35 (at the time of applying)
- Applicants who are living in Canada or are Canadian citizens;
- Practicing professional artists with two (2) or more years’ experience;
- Artists who are able to connect virtually with AGO staff during their two-month residency.
Learn more at ago.ca/artist-residence-program-call-proposals