Call for Participants: Make Room Youth Advisory
Apply by July 29, 2021
Make Room is a new AGO Youth digital series inviting artists to give personal tours of their studios. We invite youth from across Canada to create a Make Room Youth Advisory Group to develop and co-curate this series with AGO staff from the Education and Programming department. This is a paid opportunity for youth ages 16-25 that runs biweekly from September to December 2021, with a final engagement at the end of 2022 to celebrate the series.
What does it mean to be on the Make Room Youth Advisory?
When you become a Make Room Youth Advisory (Make Room YA) member, you attend bi-weekly meetings with AGO staff and other awesome youth, through an online platform to plan, create and co-curate the Make Room series. The program is fully digital and you are not required to be onsite. Make Room YA members will work closely with AGO staff to co-curate a glimpse into artist’s studios and their process.
Make Room Youth Advisory Responsibilities
- Attend formal Make Room YA bi-weekly meetings from September-December
- Collaborate with AGO staff in the planning, co-curation and delivery of the Make Room program
- Promote the program to your audiences
- Participate in a culminating event to celebrate the series in December 2022
- Share feedback and evaluation on the program
Wednesday evenings 4 – 5:30 pm, biweekly September through December.
Benefits of being on the advisory
- Paid opportunity: an honorarium of $2000 will be provided at the end of the Make Room Youth Advisory contract
- Gain experience from collaborating with AGO staff and also an opportunity to learn from peers
- Free access to the AGO
- Meet and collaborate with other awesome youth and AGO staff
- Great experience for job and school applications
- References can be provided upon request
How to Apply
We will highly prioritize populations that have not been equally represented in museums including: Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, LGBTQ2+, women, gender non-conforming, and persons living with a disability.
To become a Make Room Youth Advisory member you need to be between the ages of 16 and 25 and live in Canada.
To apply, please complete the form on the AGO website.
Deadline: July 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.