Call for Entry: Open Water / L’Eau Claire 2021
The Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour 96th Annual Exhibition: An International Juried Online Exhibition of Water Based Media
Online from October 15, 2021 – January 15, 2022
Submissions Close at 12:00 p.m. EST, September 15, 2021.
Register and Submit your entry through Artcall
With over $10,000 in cash and product awards, Open water / L’Eau Claire is our largest and most prestigious international open exhibition.
The CSPWC/SCPA has been promoting excellence in watercolour through education and exhibitions since 1925
This exhibition is open to any artist, and entry is adjudicated by digital image. Award-winning paintings will be selected from the digital image.
Entry Fee: (for up to two images)
CSPWC Members and Associates $40 Non-members $55 (Canadian Dollars) Entry fees are non-refundable
This exhibition is open strictly to submissions painted in Water Based Media as defined in this call for entry:
- Allowable water media: artist’s quality watercolour paint, watercolour ink, watercolour crayon, watercolour pencil, workable fixative, gouache (which can be applied transparently and opaquely). The use of a graphite drawing and India Ink are accepted. Not permissable: egg tempera, casein, acrylic and archival felt pens.
- Paint Surface: archival fiber paper which includes: watercolour paper, watercolour paper glued to wood/ composite panel, watercolour paper glued to canvas, canvas prepared for watercolour, and watercolour board. Yupo is not accepted.
- Paintings may be protected by varnish or wax.
- Only media listed in the definition above are permissible. Application must be by hand, brush or any tool by the artist without digital or mechanical assistance.
- Computer generated artwork and/or mechanically printed images will not be accepted. All styles are acceptable.