Call for Applications: 2023 Media & Design Innovation PhD at Toronto Metropolitan University
Media & Design Innovation PhD
A practice-based doctoral program at Toronto Metropolitan University
Uniquely positioned within The Creative School, students have unparalleled access to state-of-the-art technology labs, incubators, research centres, and global hubs – a creative ecosystem like no other.
Placing creativity at the heart of learning, the program is designed specifically for innovative makers and scholar-practitioners.
Research through Practice
Raise research questions and explore solutions through the creative process. Research areas within the program are diverse and may include:
- Experimental modes of storytelling and user interaction
- Digital fashion design and fabrication
- Curation and contemporary exhibition practices
- Innovation in music production and distribution
- Creative technology development and prototyping
- New models of journalistic dissemination
- Numerous other areas of creative media practice
The Media & Design Innovation PhD program is accepting applications for September 2023.
The application deadline is January 20, 2023.
Located in downtown Toronto, the program is supported by a faculty of researchers, artists and scholars committed to reimagining media, design and the creative industries.
Sign up for our upcoming information session – Tuesday November 22, 7 pm., ET.
Register through the program website at:
For more information contact:
Graduate Program Administrator, Media & Design Innovation, PhD