Call for Applications: 2022 Media & Design Innovation PhD program, Ryerson University
MEDIA & DESIGN INNOVATION PHD – a creative practice program at Ryerson University*
* In August 2021, the university announced that it would begin a renaming process to address the legacy of Egerton Ryerson for a more inclusive future.
Placing creativity at the heart of learning, the practice-based Media & Design Innovation PhD provides an opportunity for scholar-practitioners to create original work across a variety of disciplines through research-led innovation.
Uniquely positioned within The Creative School, students have unparalleled access to state-of-the-art technology labs, incubators, research centres, and global hubs – a creative ecosystem like no other.
The Media & Design Innovation PhD program is accepting applications for September 2022.
The application deadline is January 18, 2022.
Research areas within the program are diverse and may include:
- Experimental modes of storytelling and user interaction
- Digital fashion design and fabrication
- Curation and contemporary exhibition practices
- Innovation in music production and distribution
- Creative technology development and prototyping
- New models of journalistic dissemination
- Numerous other areas of creative media practice
Located in downtown Toronto, the program is supported by a faculty of researchers, artists and scholars committed to reimagining media, design and the creative industries.
Sign up for our upcoming information session – Wednesday November 17, 7 pm., EDT.
Register through the program website at:
For more information contact:
Graduate Program Administrator, Media & Design Innovation, PhD