Art Appraiser, Seneca College
Call for Applicants
Seneca College (Toronto)
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
Seneca College is currently inviting experienced art appraisers to submit their interest to complete a fulsome appraisal of the work in the Seneca College Art Collection.
Seneca College, through the Seneca Art Committee, develops and maintains a visual art collection of national significance that reflects the diversity of Canadian life and history through art for dialogue, education, and enjoyment. With nearly 400 works, it represents the largest such collection of any college in Canada. Most works are displayed in buildings and grounds of the college to foster understanding, enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts among the college community and members of the general public, as well as serve as a resource for research and reference. More information can be found at www.senecacollege.ca/collection.
This appraisal marks the first formal effort by the college to arrive at a total value of the collection.
The selected contractor would have available the following resources and opportunities to conduct the work:
- A complete database of the works to date
- Library catalog of works including meta data and imagery
- Opportunities to visit college campuses to view works in situ
- Access to members of the Seneca Art Committee with knowledge of the works
- Copy of book “The Collection” which details a select number of works
- Other resources as requested
The contract is envisioned to begin late September 2021, with completion date by March 31, 2022. Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed to review aspects of their submission.
Interest candidates should prepare the following:
- Cover letter stating background and interest in the project
- Resumé or CV
- Two references from similar work
- Hourly rate or total compensation expectation
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please complete the form at scaa.formstack.com/forms/artcollection_appraisal_soi.