2021 Toronto Book Awards Shortlist
Meet the Finalists
The City of Toronto and Toronto Public Library (TPL) has named the six titles shortlisted for the 2021 Toronto Book Awards. This year’s Toronto Book Awards finalists will read from and discuss their books at a free virtual event, September 22 at 7 p.m., hosted by The Word On The Street, Toronto. Register now.
The books selected for the 2021 shortlist are:
- Missing from the Village by Justin Ling (Penguin Random House Canada)
- Crosshairs by Catherine Hernandez (HarperCollins Canada)
- Æther: An Out-of-Body Lyric by Catherine Graham (Wolsak & Wynn)
- Swimmers in Winter by Faye Guenther (Invisible Publishing)
- On Property by Rinaldo Walcott (Biblioasis)
- Speak, Silence by Kim Echlin (Penguin Random House Canada)
TPL has created a reading list of the shortlisted titles from which readers can reserve the shortlist titles.
Each shortlisted finalist will receive $1,000, with $10,000 awarded to the grand prize winner, for a total of $16,000 in prize money. The winner of the 47th Toronto Book Awards will be announced on October 5.
Learn more about what the jury had to say about each of this year’s shortlisted books on the City of Toronto website, and follow #TOBookAwards and City of Toronto Culture on social media to be first to find out which book wins the grand prize.
Toronto Book Awards Committee
c/o Christopher Jones
City Hall, 9E
100 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2