Senior Development Officer
Senior Development Officer
MacLaren Art Centre, Barrie
About the MacLaren Art Centre
The MacLaren Art Centre is the regional public art gallery serving Barrie, the County of Simcoe and the surrounding area. Housed in an award-winning building in downtown Barrie, the Gallery has a Permanent Collection of over 4,300 artworks and presents a year-round programme of exhibitions, education activities and special events. As the cornerstone of culture for Barrie, the MacLaren is a central meeting place, a destination for visitors from across the province and a catalyst for downtown revitalization. The MacLaren Art Centre offers a dynamic work environment that supports opportunities for professional growth, encourages creativity, fosters teamwork and rewards excellence. Employees enjoy a well-organized, stable organization and a collegial culture that emphasizes mentoring, coaching and skills development.
About the Job
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Development Officer assumes the leadership role for the development, implementation, coordination and management of the fund development programmes for the MacLaren Art Centre, including corporate donations and sponsorship, individual giving and the annual campaign, foundation grants, membership, special fundraising events and other fundraising activities. The Senior Development Officer also aids in building a positive public profile for the Centre and assists with marketing and outreach strategies to build audiences, supporters and partnerships for programmes, events and services.
- Relevant degree or diploma in fundraising as well as business administration, management, marketing, public administration and/or arts administration.
- A minimum of five years full-time fundraising experience, preferably for non-profit cultural organizations
- Knowledge of legal regulations governing fundraising practices as they relate to not-for-profit organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent human resource management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer literacy in all applicable software/applications
- In-depth knowledge of the MacLaren community, corporate and individual
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- The ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
The deadline for applications is 9 am on Monday, April 8, 2019
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week exclusive of breaks) offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, and a comprehensive benefit package after the initial three-month probation. The regular hours of work are Monday through Friday and other hours as scheduled including evenings and weekends.
The MacLaren Art Centre is an equal opportunity employer serving our diverse communities. Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to supply a current criminal records check with vulnerable sector police screening before work can commence. The anticipated start date is June 3, 2019.
Please send a personalized cover letter and curriculum vitae in confidence to: Carolyn Bell Farrell, Executive Director, MacLaren Art Centre, 37 Mulcaster Street, Barrie, ON L4M 3M2 or by email to: email@example.com