Office, Operations, and Financial Manager, Oakville Galleries
Oakville Galleries is seeking an Office, Operations, and Financial Manager to join their team.
Office, Operations, and Financial Manager
Job Status: Regular full-time
Hours and Days: 35 hours per week M-F
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 dependant on experience
Benefits: Extended health and dental benefits; pension benefits; life insurance benefits
Deadline for Applications: August 31, 2021
Target Start Date: September 30, 2021
If you are an individual with strong administration and organizational skills who is passionate about contemporary art and committed to working collaboratively in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, Oakville Galleries is seeking an Operations and Financial Manager. Individuals who identify as BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations and Financial Manager will be responsible for a number of activities that support the daily operations of Oakville Galleries. The successful applicant for this position will have a strong background in museum and gallery administration and facilities management, as well as basic budgeting and accounting experience.
The Operations and Financial Manager will oversee and assist with duties related but not limited to: processing invoices and payment, administering payroll and benefits processes, ordering office supplies, providing monthly income and expense statements, work with OG’s partner the Town of Oakville in matters relating to facilities and HR coordination, and taking minutes at board meetings.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree Accounting, Finance or a related field or BA or Art, Arts Administration, or Museum Studies, with training/experience in financial administration
- 3 – 5 years experience working in office operations/financial services in the cultural or non-profit sector
- Experience with new-hire setup and payroll administration
- Demonstrates experience in financial statement preparation, accounting oversight, budgeting, and analytics
- Oversees department operations and ensures proper record keeping, report generation, accounting, and follow‑up
- Proficient with MS Office and accounting systems
- Acts with discretion and maintains confidential matters
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintains professionalism which publicly supports mission, functions, programs, activities, and policies of the Oakville Galleries
- Demonstrates effective strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
About Oakville Galleries
As one of Canada’s leading contemporary art museums, Oakville Galleries is driven by a belief in the singular power of art and artists to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our communities and move us toward a better world. Oakville Galleries engages communities through-out Oakville, and wider audiences generally, with an outstanding track record of presenting the work of early and mid-career artists from across Canada and around the world. Oakville Galleries’ award-winning exhibition and educational programming is rooted in commitments to the visionary, the forward-thinking, and the responsive.
Currently in two locations – one alongside a public library in downtown Oakville, and the other in a lakeside mansion and park – Oakville Galleries is easily accessible to more than 7-million people who live in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
Oakville Galleries is located on Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the traditional territory of the Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee. As an institution, Oakville Galleries recognizes the importance of establishing and maintaining meaningful and respectful relationships with the original inhabitants and keepers of the land, and we are grateful for the opportunity to operate on this territory.
Oakville Galleries in Gairloch Gardens
1306 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville
Oakville Galleries at Centennial Square
120 Navy Street, Oakville
Admission is free.