OCAD University Summer Workshops 2022
This immersive 5-day workshop will run twice throughout the summer.*
- Option 1: Monday July 11 to Friday July 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT (Almost Sold Out)
- Option 2: Monday July 18 to Friday July 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT
*Please note: the same workshop will run both weeks, so content will not change.
Who is this for?
OCAD University’s Summer Workshop is a week-long studio experience dedicated to emerging artists and designers ages 15 to 19 who are considering a post-secondary education in a creative industry or field.
What to Expect
Each day from Monday to Friday, you will be in a different workshop led by OCAD U instructors who are also practicing artists and designers. These workshops take a hands-on, multi-disciplinary approach that will further your concepts, techniques, and knowledge of contemporary art and design practice. This includes access to our shops and studios, a tour of ONSITE Gallery, OCAD U alumni artist talks and more.
This summer’s special hands-on program includes:
- Fabrication, sculpture and 3-dimensional object design
- Advertising and product ideation
- Expanded drawing and painting techniques
- Experimenting with digital media and light projection
- Designing mounts and installations for presenting your work
- A guided tour of ONSITE Gallery with work by Mi’kmaq artist, Jordan Bennett
- Visiting Artist Series: Tips on How to Develop a Professional Art or Design Practice
- A writing workshop: How to Write an Artist Statement and Bio
Questions? Get in touch with us.
ADMISSIONS & RECRUITMENT
Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 PM
100 Mccaul Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1W1