Development and Events Manager, Oakville Galleries
Oakville Galleries is seeking a Development and Events Manager to join their team.
Development and Events Manager
Job Status: Regular full-time
Hours and Days: 35 hours per week, M – F (some evenings and weekends are required)
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 dependant on experience
Benefits: Extended health and dental benefits; pension benefits; life insurance benefits
Deadline for Applications: August 31, 2021
Target Start Date: September 30, 2021
If you are someone who is passionate about contemporary art and committed to working collaboratively in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, Oakville Galleries is seeking a Development and Events Manager. Individuals who identify as BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Events Manager will be responsible for overseeing and assisting with a range of activities that will support the Galleries’ exhibitions, educational, and outreach programming that include but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategy and visioning for the annual fundraiser
- Manage donor relations
- Develop the donor and membership base
- Grant writing/identifying and securing new sources of support from foundations and corporate partners
- Foster relationships with and provide stewardship for planned giving
- Process and maintain records on all gifts processing
- Plan and coordinate patron events, membership activities, as well as overall events planning for the organization
- Other duties as assigned
The Development and Events Manager will also work alongside the Executive Director (ED), board members, fundraising committee, and various community partners and stakeholders to execute these goals.
- BA in Art, Art History, or a related field is preferred (a degree at the Master’s level would be an asset)
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience with fundraising and development in the cultural or non-profit sector
- Proven track record in securing funds from a variety of sources
- Superior organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including staff, board members, patrons, donors, members, and visitors
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse array of organizations and individuals
- Experience with project management
- Experience working with Boards and organizational committees
- Proficient with MS Office
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by August 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
About Oakville Galleries
As one of Canada’s leading contemporary art museums, Oakville Galleries is driven by a belief in the singular power of art and artists to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our communities and move us toward a better world. Oakville Galleries engages communities through-out Oakville, and wider audiences generally, with an outstanding track record of presenting the work of early and mid-career artists from across Canada and around the world. Oakville Galleries’ award-winning exhibition and educational programming is rooted in commitments to the visionary, the forward-thinking, and the responsive.
Currently in two locations – one alongside a public library in downtown Oakville, and the other in a lakeside mansion and park – Oakville Galleries is easily accessible to more than 7-million people who live in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
Oakville Galleries is located on Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the traditional territory of the Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee. As an institution, Oakville Galleries recognizes the importance of establishing and maintaining meaningful and respectful relationships with the original inhabitants and keepers of the land, and we are grateful for the opportunity to operate on this territory.
Oakville Galleries in Gairloch Gardens
1306 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville
Oakville Galleries at Centennial Square
120 Navy Street, Oakville
Admission is free.