Call for Submissions: Luminosity
The Beach Village BIA is happy to announce an all new, COVID-safe outdoor public art activation, Luminosity, coming to the Beach this March!
Luminosity will take place between March 13 to April 11, 2021 and will feature a diverse range of light art installations along Queen Street East. The installations will transform familiar spaces into unique works of urban art and will welcome Torontonians to explore their city. They will allow visitors to experience the warmth of the light, through artist interpretation, and act as a ‘light at the end of the tunnel’, following a difficult winter with COVID-19.
Calling All Artists
The Beach Village BIA is currently seeking artists to create and submit original artwork for Luminosity.
Call for Submissions Highlights
- Artists are asked to consider proposing project concepts with a max budget of $4,000.
- Artists are responsible for the strike and removal of their installation.
- Submissions should utilize light in some capacity. The use of solar and battery powered lights are recommended, as access to electricity is not available and cannot be guaranteed in all locations
How to Apply
Artists interested in this project must review the full Call for Submissions found at www.TO-thebeach.com/luminosity, and prepare and submit the following:
- Proposed Artwork Concept for Installation. This proposal shall include conceptual design drawings, sketches, sufficient to communicate the artist concept. It should include a budget and describe the specifications for the artwork related to materials, size, weight, installation and technical requirements and maintenance guidelines.
- Letter of Interest. No more than one page in length, which explains your interest in the competition. Please include your name and contact information.
- Current Resume. If submitting as a team, an individual resume should be submitted for each team member. Please make sure your resume includes a link to your portfolio.
- A list of at least two professional references familiar with your work and working methods. The list must include complete addresses and telephone numbers.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXTENDED DEADLINE – Submissions must be received by the Beach Village BIA by 4:00pm on Monday, February 8, 2021.
Full Call for Submissions found at: www.TO-thebeach.com/luminosity.