Call for Submissions: IMPACT 2021 Annual Juried Exhibition
CALL FOR ENTRY
IMPACT 2021, Neilson Park Creative Centre’s Annual Juried Exhibition
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
Online Exhibition from August 9 to September 6, 2021
We are happy to announce our call for entry for IMPACT 2021!
IMPACT is Neilson Park Creative Centre’s most anticipated show that fosters creativity in the artistic community. We invite artists at early, mid, and later points in their career to submit artwork to our annual juried exhibition.
IMPACT 2021 aims to bring together artists practicing in diverse media and approaches, both traditional and contemporary, while showcasing artwork of the highest standard.
This year’s exhibition runs August 9 to September 6, and will be juried and exhibited virtually.
Submission Dates: June 1 to June 30, 2021
Online Exhibition Dates: August 9 to September 6, 2021
Virtual Exhibition Reception and Awards: August 12, 2021, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
AWARDS & JURORS
- First Place: $200 plus the opportunity to exhibit in our Emergence Gallery at IMPACT 2022 in July 2022
- Second Place: $100
- Third Place: $75
- Two Honourable Mentions: $50 each
- Noni Kaur – Noni Kaur is an award winning multidisciplinary artist whose work has been featured in international venues across North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Kaur is a full-time faculty member in the Arts Foundation and Visual & Digital Arts Programs at Humber College, Toronto.
- Bruce Parsons – Bruce Parsons is a painter, printmaker, muralist and installation artist with extensive solo and group exhibition experience in North America, UK and East Asia. Parsons was the Director of the Graduate MFA programme and Associate Professor of Fine Arts Department at York University.
Juried Selection Process
- All submitted artworks will be juried by our jurors.
- Decisions will be made on the digital images submitted by the artist.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- Accepted artists will be notified by email by August 2, 2021.
- NPCC reserves the right to use submitted images for publicity purposes.
- Each artist may submit digital images for one or two artworks in any medium.
- Digital images must be submitted in a .jpg format. Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK).
- Images should be labelled as follows: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle
- Artworks must be original.
- Artworks must have been created within the last two years and not displayed previously in the galleries at NPCC.
- Video entries should be submitted in MP4 format, uploaded into a google drive and link of the video should be provided in the body of an email.
- Artist statement is required.
- Submissions are complete after the following:
◦ Application form is completed.
◦ Digital images in a .jpg format are received.
◦ Entry fees are received.
Please note entry fees are non-refundable.
NPCC Members and Students
G21IMPACT1: One Artwork: $25 plus HST, total of $28.25
G21IMPACT2: Two Artworks: $35 plus HST, total of $39.55
G21IMPACT3: One Artwork: $40 plus HST, total of $45.20
G21IMPACT4: Two Artworks: $50 plus HST, total of $56.50
HOW TO ENTER
For more details on IMPACT 2021 on submission guidelines, application form, payment options, please visit our website submission page.
For further assistance email Cory at firstname.lastname@example.org
Neilson Park Creative Centre is a charitable organization that serves the diverse landscape of Toronto through partnerships, outreach initiatives and community engagement.
As an arts hub in Western Toronto, Neilson Park Creative Centre serves the community by offering arts based classes, workshop, drop-ins, open studios, events and exhibitions within and outside its facilities.
Neilson Park Creative Centre is an accessible facility.