Call for [Digital] Artist-Researchers: AGO X RBC Emerging Artists Exchange
AGO X RBC EMERGING ARTISTS EXCHANGE
Call for [Digital] Artist-Researchers
Deadline for submissions: May 10, 2021 at 5 pm EST
Each selected artist will complete a six-week research mentorship between June and September 2021.
The AGO is launching a paid mentorship program enabling three emerging artists to pursue research, over a six-week period, into museum practices, audience engagement, or the AGO Collection. With the support of mentors from across the Gallery, each selected artist will further their work with the aim of presenting their findings to the various teams at the AGO. This call is open to emerging artists working in any media.
We welcome research proposals that explore our audiences, challenge the museum field, or engage with the content and programming of the AGO. Experimentation is encouraged and these proposals could examine any area at the Gallery, including but not limited to: Conservation, Collections, Curatorial, Education & Programming, Library & Archives, Food & Beverage, and Visitor Experience.
The AGO X RBC Emerging Artists Exchange encourages submissions from populations who have not been equitably represented in museums, including Black, Indigenous, artists of colour, LGBTQ2+, women, and persons with disabilities.
Selected artists will receive:
- A one-time $2,000.00 CDN stipend;
- Mentorship from select AGO team members over a six-week period; and
- A feature on the AGO X RBC Emerging Artists Program webpage for their practice.
Who should apply:
- Artists, individuals, and/or artist collectives who self-identify as emerging and are in the early stages of their career in their artistic career;
- Applicants who are living in Canada or are Canadian citizens;
- Practicing professional artists with two (2) or more years’ experience; and
- Artists who are able to connect virtually with AGO staff, with the expectation of 12 hours/week of research and development, during their six-week research mentorship.
The AGO X RBC Emerging Artists Exchange is part of a suite of exciting digital programs designed to support emerging artists. Learn more