Call for Artists: 2021 Online Autumn Artisan Market Fundraiser
2021 Online Autumn Artisan Market Fundraiser
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Application & Information
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
List and Images Due Date: Wednesday, September 15th, 2021
Sale Dates: Friday, Oct. 15 through Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
The McMichael Volunteer Committee’s Autumn Art Sale Fundraiser is open to all living Canadian and Aboriginal Fine Artists, Sculptors and Fine Art Photographers.
- For the purpose of this fundraiser, we accept all genres of original fine art.
Fine Art: This show accepts original artwork only. Works which have already been reproduced to create products for sale should not be submitted. Original works that have been reproduced will not be accepted.
Fine Art Photography: The copyright of all photos must be held by the photographer. Entries must not be copies, derivatives or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
- Artwork must be in impeccable condition and priced accordingly. Works must be appropriately prepared for immediate hanging. Oil and acrylic paintings on gallery style canvas with the painting wrapping the sides do not require framing. The Art Sale Chair will disqualify works which are misrepresented by the photos used in the selection process, or works which are not original, inappropriately framed or in poor condition.
- Minimum price for works is $100.
- Application Form: The Application form is available online at autumnartisanmarket.ca. Printed applications are available as backup, however it is requested that the online version is attempted first (this reduces the data entry required and reduces the chance of errors).
- Digital Images: Five (5) digital images of 5 artworks indicative of the works you would sell at the online market. The images may be uploaded as part of the online application process or copied to a USB and mailed to the address listed below. Please see “How to Submit your work for Jurying” below for details.
- Application Fee: is non-refundable. The application fee may be paid:
• by cheque $35 (payable to “The McMichael Volunteer Committee”) and mailed to the McMichael Volunteer Committee at the address listed below, or
• By PayPal/Credit Card ($36.40). The link is provided online, or
• by e-transfer ($35.50) to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO NOT SEND CASH in the mail. Application fees must be received by the Application Deadline of May 31, 2021.
How to submit your work for jurying
The five (5) digital images you submit will be viewed by a jury using a computer. Your images must be large enough to be viewed clearly with good resolution. Photographs or printed images are not acceptable for our jurying process.
Each of the five (5) images must be:
- A 72 dpi jpg (this is the normal or standard resolution for digital cameras).
- Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK) – this should be the normal or default.
- Images should measure between 1024 and 2600 pixels on their longest side (i.e., taken with a digital camera between 2 megapixels and 5 megapixels on their best setting). Images smaller than this will not have sufficient clarity, and images much larger will unnecessarily clog up our storage space. Images should not exceed 1.5 megabytes in size. ONLY images 1.5 MB or less can be uploaded via the online application.
- If you don’t upload your images as part of the online application, they should be sent on a USB. USBs will not be returned to you. The USB must be clearly marked with your name and sent in a cover which will withstand mailing.
- Please name your files with your surname, first initial, and the numbers 1 to 5 (i.e., if your name is Tom Thomson, your filenames would be ThomsonT1.jpg, ThomsonT2.jpg, ThomsonT3.jpg, ThomsonT4.jpg and ThomsonT5.jpg.
- DO NOT compress the files using ZIP, Stuffit or any other compression software. We may not be able to open it.
- All submitted works are juried by a selection committee (jury) comprised of such qualified people such as curators, art collectors, artists, art instructors and others with a strong background in art.
- Decisions will be based on digital images submitted to a blind jury. The jury’s decision is final.
- Applicants will be notified by email mid-July 2021 or early August 2021.
- The McMichael Volunteer Committee reserves the right to use submitted photographed work for publicity (promotional postcards, ads, social media and web site).
Upon notification of acceptance into the 2021 Autumn Artisan Market, a Placement Fee of $100 is due. Accepted artists must submit payment upon notification either by cheque ($100) or online via e-transfer ($100.50) or PayPal ($103.30). The link for online placement fee payment will be provided once the artists have been chosen.
Delivery of Artwork to Purchasers
Artists will be responsible for arranging delivery or pick-up of items directly with the purchaser. Purchasers are responsible for paying shipping costs directly to the artists. You may want to include an average shipping cost in the price of the artwork. It is up to you.
McMichael Volunteer Committee
Attention: Art Sale Chair
c/o McMichael Canadian Art Collection,
10365 Islington Avenue,
Kleinburg, Ontario L0J 1C0
The Application Deadline is midnight on Monday, May 31, 2021.